Sunday, May 9, 2010

I love my mother.

It's Mother's Day in the US today.  Here in France I send my mother, Vera, the very best Mother's Day wish I can muster from thousands of miles away and in front of a virtual audience.  


My mother is the best mother
Anyone could ever wish for.
I know this because
I've watched her make sacrifices for me,
All of my life.

First, most important but only the beginning, 
She gave me life.

She was a thoughtful mother...
Which is something I appreciate now as an adult mother...
Trying to be conscious myself.

She is a loving wife,
She is a loving soul.

She is a wonderful Nana
to her grandchildren. 

She is passionate.
She loves the earth.
She loves nature and hiking. 
She loves sustainability.
She loves Goodwill. 
;-) 

She brought with her a heritage I am proud of 

Not only a fascinating history of Russian, Swiss and Welsh ancestry...

but  
A heritage of 
love
kindness
goodness of heart
positivity and optimism.

My mother loves to be healthy.
She loves to eat well.

She is my friend,
She is guileless,
She wishes the best for everyone,
from the mailman
to her children.

My mother is the best mother.
I know this because
she loves me
she knows me
and she still loves me.

My mother trusts me.
 And I believe she always has.

My mother has faith in me.
And I believe she always will.

I am a blessed and lucky woman
To have the best mother ever.

Happy Mother's Day, Mum! 


 Tash.

I love you. 

xo.

from France.

oh, that would be Paris.

;-)

see you soon!  

2 comments:

Kiwi Vera said...

Dearest Natasha, What can I say, other than "Thank You"? I feel speechless, grateful and humbled by your kind words. We didn't get home from St. Louis until midnight last night, so I didn't check email until just now, when I'm still not fully awake. Wow! You are so kind and thoughtful and your lovely tribute is an example of this. I'm incredibly proud of you. I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day too. You are an extraordinarily good mother, as anyone who knows you and your children recognizes. I'm grateful too, to Paul for being such a loving husband and supporting you to fully express your unique and loving self. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

KiaKahaMama said...

Hi Mum, it was a total pleasure!! And very fun to reread now 3 years later!